Strategic intent | Guest house business plan
Page 8 of 27
To be among the most hospitable and preferred guest houses in the North West region by 2014.
To provide domestic and foreign tourists with utmost hospitality and excellent value for money while assuring value to the stakeholders of the business.
4.3 Values and Principles
Values and principles are important as they guide behavior or actions. The owners, management and employees will uphold the following values and principles as fundamental aspects of their culture:
- Customer Intimacy
The objectives of the guest house are as discussed in three levels, that is; short term, medium term and long term.
4.5 Short Term Objectives
- To assemble a competent team
- To source and secure funding
- To finalize leasehold arrangements
- To render renovations to the guest house and make it ready for occupancy
- To acquire capital assets and render the guest house ready for use
- To have the guest house graded and listed on significant databases as an accommodation provider
- To enter the market and attract clients to the guest house
4.6 Medium Term Objectives
- To acquire and secure a steady market share of at least 35% within the area
- To strive for competitiveness
- To implement comprehensive customer retention strategy
4.7 Long Term Objectives
- To strive for growth and expansion
- To strive for diversification